Be a Dessert Snob
This episode is one of my favorite topics: being a “dessert snob”! The little things that you do in your life with food are going to empower you in so many other areas, and being a dessert snob is all about reminding yourself what you love, what is amazing to you, and what is worthy of you.
You are worthy of so many things, and how we are in life is how we are with food. So the little things that you do in your life with food are going to empower you in so many other different areas. And so being a dessert snob is all about reminding yourself what you love, what is amazing to you, and what is worthy of you.
In this episode, I’m sharing:
- What I mean when I tell you to be a “dessert snob” and why it’s a positive thing
- Why buying into black-or-white diet trends (i.e. “all sugar is bad”) can often do more harm than good
- How to empower yourself to be truly in control around all foods, versus having a mindset consumed by “abstaining” from foods
- Why it’s hard to make decisions that are going to really take care of your body when it’s really just rooted in trying to manipulate our body size and our weight
- The fact that our society’s focus on “extremes” doesn’t have to be the way we live our lives—there’s a better way that’s more freeing and fulfilling
- Looking at yourself as worthy and using that to shape your relationship with food