Tips for Daily Practice of Mindful Eating
I’m excited today to be talking about mindful eating. Mindfulness, in general, is one of the top things I get asked about. In this episode, I’m sharing my top tips and strategies for making mindful eating part of your daily routine. If you struggle with emotional eating or overeating, this is all about how to incorporate mindfulness into your daily interactions with food to help you overcome those struggles.
Starting with small, simple actions—like taking a minute to express gratitude over your meals, plating your food, eating with a cloth napkin, journaling your emotions around food for a day or for a few days—can bring more mindfulness into your relationship with food.
So, take a few deep breaths and join me in this episode to hear:
- An actual example of a mindful eating exercise I did with my daughter that you can do with any food, including foods that you struggle to feel control over
- How very simple acts of mindfulness—like using a real plate, a fancy glass, or simply taking a moment to become aware of your feelings—can make a big difference
- Why identifying your moods and emotions before you eat can make a huge difference in your relationship with food
- How to truly gain mental and emotional control around all foods and learn to eat intuitively
- How leaving “just one bite” on the plate can be a simple starting point if you’re not used to eating when you’re hungry and stopping when you’re full